How Do I Convert My Ontario Security Licence to an Alberta Security Licence?

How Do I Convert My Ontario Security Licence to an Alberta Security Licence?

Moving from Ontario to Alberta and need to transfer your Security Licence?

You must submit a separate Individual Security Application, meet all requirements and provide PROOF OF TRAINING from Ontario.
  • Copy of exam results
  • Copy of your training certificate
  • Copy of your current Ontario licence.
If you are unable to provide proof of training as above then you can take the Alberta Basic Security Training (ABST) course with us for only $125 including the exam. It covers the basic training and additional Alberta legislation that is important for you to know. Click here to register.
If you are Permanent Resident or Canadian you can submit your application at Registry office; if not, then you must mail your Security Licence package to Security Programs in Edmonton.
Any other licensing questions – go to Alberta Security Service Worker Licence

1. Double check your application package! Incomplete or illegible packages will be returned without processing and may result in a delay in receiving your licence.

2. Two ways to submit your application package:

Mail to:
Security Programs
Alberta Public Safety and Emergency Services
PO Box 1023 Station Main
Edmonton, AB T5J 2M1

OR Visit a participating registry office (ONLY APPLIES TO PR and Canadian Citizens).
Visit the program website for the criteria.
Online payment is NOT accepted at the registry.

Additional fees apply.
Lori Solley
No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.