03 Dec Doing a Mystery Shop – New Shopper Edition
Doing a mystery shop for Sting can seem awkward until you know what you are doing. Usually by your 2nd shop – you know what’s going on. Once you get going though? It is a quick and easy way to make some extra money.
Let’s start with our simplest Compliance shop at a liquor store. Compliance shops are basically making sure that the attendants are asking for 2 pieces of ID when selling alcohol. Simple enough.
Here’s how you do it:
- ALWAYS READ OVER THE SURVEY AGAIN BEFORE YOU GO IN.
- It doesn’t matter how you get to the store – Sting covers it. If you drive, note your km’s getting into the car before you go (most shoppers take a quick pic). If you take the bus/transit – we will pay you back for your transit fare. Just get there.
- When you get there, casually take a pic with your phone of the outside of the store. Note the time you go onsite (your photo just time stamped that for you in case you forget). You would go in as if you were a regular customer; see if they greet you when you walk in, if they offer to help you with your selection and choose what you want to buy just like you normally would. Go pay for it. See if they ID you.
- You need to take a mental note of the attendant’s descriptions; for example: The attendant was a Caucasian female with long brown hair in a ponytail, about 5’6, medium frame, wearing a black company shirt and black pants (the app will guide you through this with drop downs). If you are worried you will forget – when you get back in your car or the skytrain or however you are travelling, you can get on the app and quickly fill in the description for the attendant.
- Get a receipt – you will need to take a pic of the receipt later and upload it with your report. You’ll get money back for that.
- Note your KMs again when you get back home (take a pic). You’ll get money back for those km’s.
- We also need a pic of what you bought.
- THREE (3) PHOTOS THAT ARE MANDATORY:
- A photo of the exterior of the store
- A photo of the receipt
- A photo of the product you bought
- Fill out the report online and submit
… and you’re done.