PROSEC: You and the Law20
About this course
The You and the Law course is intended to explain Canadian law and legal issues and how it affects security professionals.
This course will help you learn how to:
- Tell how the Criminal Code of Canada and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms relate to the work of a security guard.
- List the types of offences under the Criminal Code of Canada and give examples of each.
- Explain the legal status of a security guard.
- Discuss, with examples, a citizen’s powers of arrest
- Discuss use of force.
- Discuss when and how a security guard can search someone and seize something from them.
- Explain the legal powers of security guards in situations of trespassing and vandalism.
- Explain the rights of tenants and landlords in Saskatchewan.
- Tell what can happen to a security guard if they overstep their authority.
You will get an introduction to Criminal Law, Common Law and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, discrimination, Powers of Arrest, Use of Force, Common Offences and Common Defences.
This course is intended for those interested in pursuing a career in the security industry, or for those already working as security professionals and would like to learn new skills and/or improve their current skill set.
This training will go over the following topics:
- Criminal Code of Canada
- Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Types of Criminal Offences
- Powers of Arrest
- Use of Force
- Search and Seizure
- Landlords and Tenants
- Trespass and Vandalism (Mischief)
This course forms part of our ProSec: Professional Security Training series.
3-4 hour – Unlimited access 24/7 for 90 days
$20.00 + applicable tax
Certification from Sting Executive Group International Inc.
This course is emailed out digitally, and delivered instantly once payment is received. Therefore, it is impossible for you to return a product for a refund. All sales are final and no refunds will be given.
SHARING IS CARING
This training will go over the following topics: Criminal Code of Canada Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms Types of Criminal Offences Powers of Arrest Use of Force Search and Seizure Landlords and Tenants Trespass and Vandalism (Mischief)
You & the Law