Robbery Prevention Training for Retail Staff20
About this course
Robbery Prevention Training for Security, Retail Staff and Managers (1.5 hours)
Do you work in a high crime area where you may be exposed to workplace violence such as robbery, theft, or assault? Do you feel you and your staff need some extra workplace training or security training? You have come to the right place. Our Robbery Prevention training program will help give you the knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively plan and prepare for robbery. You will learn the difference between robbery and theft. Review the profile of a robber, crime stats and various different types of robbery. You will learn how to be vigilant and prevent robbery. You will learn how to prepare if there is an event, what to do during and after the robbery. You will learn how to identify different types of weapons and write reports.
Our online course includes video, slide, voice-over, quizzes and posttests to help learners know how to prevent, deter and what to do if there is a robbery. This course is available ONLINE and offered on-site to groups of 10 or more. Individuals will be required to complete in-class training and write final test online to receive certificate of completion.
This course is intended for those wishing to learn how to prevent and what to do during a robbery. Whether you are a retailer, employee, customer, taxi driver, chemist, mall management associate or law enforcement officer, the basic rules apply for robberies that occur within liquor stores, cannabis dispensaries, specialty stores, anchor stores/big box stores, the common area of a mall, strip center stores, parking lot of a mall/strip center, fast food chains, convenience stores and service stations.
Robbery Prevention Topics
This Robbery Prevention course is broken down into four (4) units which will cover the following areas:
- Robbery: An Introduction
- Robbery Prevention Standards
- Robbery Basic Guidelines – during and after
- Firearms Identification and Report Writing
Robbery Prevention Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of Sting’s Robbery Prevention Training, participants will:
- Learn the difference between a robbery and a theft.
- Learn the legal definition of robbery and the various types of robberies that may exist
- Learn crime statistics and the profile of a robber
- Learn how to prevent a robbery by using Robbery Prevention Standards.
- Learn the three (3) phases of a robbery
- How to prepare before
- What to do during
- What to do after the robbery
- Learn what to say to the police dispatcher.
- Learn how to report and make observations about incidents including firearms and other weapons.
This course forms part of our Safety Training series.
2 hour – Unlimited access 24/7 for 90 days
$20.00 + applicable tax
Group discounts available for online and classroom bookings.
Certification from Sting Executive Group International Inc.
This course is emailed out digitally, and delivered instantly once payment is received. Therefore, it is impossible for you to return a product for a refund. All sales are final and no refunds will be given.
SHARING IS CARING
This training will go over the following topics: Robbery and Theft Robbery Prevention Standards Robbery Basic Guidelines Firearms Identification and Report Writing
Unit 1 - Robbery: An Introduction
Robbery: An Introduction
- Learn the difference between a robbery and a theft - Learn the legal definition of robbery and the various types of robberies that may exist - Learn crime statistics and the profile of a robber - Learn how to prevent a robbery by using Robbery - Prevention Standards - Learn the three (3) phases of a robbery - How to prepare before - What to do during - What to do after the robbery - Learn what to say to the police dispatcher. - Learn how to report and make observations about incidents including firearms
Unit 2 - Prevention Standards: How can you prevent and deter a robbery?
- Robbery Prevention Standards - Preparing Yourself - Pre-Planning Yourself and Team - Make Store Unattractive to Robbers - Police on patrol - Spot Hiding Places and Escape Routes - Cash Register Habits - Be Safe After Dark and Working Alone - Robbery Prevention Standards
Unit 3 - Basic Guidelines: What happens during and after a robbery?
- Basic Guidelines: What To DO and What NOT to do DURING An Armed Robbery - Basic Guidelines: What To Do AFTER An Armed Robbery - The 9-1-1 Call: What To Say To The Police Dispatcher - Victims of Robbery
Unit 4 - Weapons Identification & Report Writing
Weapons Identification & Report Writing
- Firearms Identification - Reporting - Review